PLWA is committed to ongoing engagement with Pilbara communities; it is a vital aspect of our community engagement strategy across all our projects. It is important to contribute to community engagement initiatives that promote improved social and economic conditions, and support thriving local communities.
Our aim is to make a positive difference to those communities within our geographic footprint. We will achieve this by developing strategic partnerships and alliances, establish closer ties with our local communities and regional neighbours, maximising opportunities for Aboriginal people and businesses and by investing in community initiatives that have lasting benefits and support a stronger and sustainable community.
Being a Pilbara Indigenous Business we have experienced firsthand the challenges and rewards of developing and retaining a diverse workforce. In particular, PLWA Group has through sustained effort over the years, facilitated many Indigenous people to access training, and well paid meaningful and sustainable jobs.
As with any successful business, it is our people who provide the motivation for our success and our growth. A key value capacity is our business model which provides every opportunity for our existing workforce to grow their careers and opportunities within our Group. PLWA is able to support community groups and events across the Pilbara, some of these include:
- Port Hedland Rovers Football Club, donating towards guernseys.
- Port Hedland Golf Club, donating fuel.
- Clean up the community, donating waste bins.
- Clean up Australia Day, donating waste bins.
- Pilbara Aboriginal Contractor Association (PACA), to promote, foster and support Aboriginal business in the Pilbara.
- Care for Hedland, to raise awareness, as well as catering for environmental and sustainability needs of the township.
- Variety, the Children’s Charity is all about empowering Western Australian children who are sick, disadvantaged or have social needs to live, laugh and learn.